Changes in MySQL NDB Cluster 7.3.19 (5.6.38-ndb-7.3.19) (2017-10-18, General Availability)
MySQL NDB Cluster 7.3.19 is a new release of NDB Cluster, based on MySQL Server 5.6 and including features from version 7.3 of the NDB storage engine, as well as fixing a number of recently discovered bugs in previous NDB Cluster releases.
Obtaining MySQL NDB Cluster 7.3. MySQL NDB Cluster 7.3 source code and binaries can be obtained from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/cluster/.
For an overview of changes made in MySQL NDB Cluster 7.3, see What is New in NDB Cluster 7.3 (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/mysql-cluster-what-is-new-7-3.html).
This release also incorporates all bug fixes and changes made in previous NDB Cluster releases, as well as all bug fixes and feature changes which were added in mainline MySQL 5.6 through MySQL 5.6.38 (see Changes in MySQL 5.6.38 (Not yet released, General Availability) (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/mysql/5.6/en/news-5-6-38.html)).
* Added DUMP code 7027 to facilitate testing of issues relating to local checkpoints. For more information, see DUMP 7027 (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/ndb-internals/en/ndb-internals-dump-command-7027.html). (Bug #26661468)
* A previous fix intended to improve logging of node failure handling in the transaction coordinator included logging of transactions that could occur in normal operation, which made the resulting logs needlessly verbose. Such normal transactions are no longer written to the log in such cases. (Bug #26568782) References: This issue is a regression of: Bug #26364729.
* Some DUMP codes used for the LGMAN kernel block were incorrectly assigned numbers in the range used for codes belonging to DBTUX. These have now been assigned symbolic constants and numbers in the proper range (10001, 10002, and 10003). (Bug #26365433)
* Node failure handling in the DBTC kernel block consists of a number of tasks which execute concurrently, and all of which must complete before TC node failure handling is complete. This fix extends logging coverage to record when each task completes, and which tasks remain, includes the following improvements:
+ Handling interactions between GCP and node failure handling interactions, in which TC takeover causes GCP participant stall at the master TC to allow it to extend the current GCI with any transactions that were taken over; the stall can begin and end in different GCP protocol states. Logging coverage is extended to cover all scenarios. Debug logging is now more consistent and understandable to users.
+ Logging done by the QMGR block as it monitors duration of node failure handling duration is done more frequently. A warning log is now generated every 30 seconds (instead of 1 minute), and this now includes DBDIH block debug information (formerly this was written separately, and less often).
+ To reduce space used, DBTC instance number: is shortened to DBTC number:.
+ A new error code is added to assist testing. (Bug #26364729)
* A potential hundredfold signal fan-out when sending a START_FRAG_REQ signal could lead to a node failure due to a job buffer full error in start phase 5 while trying to perform a local checkpoint during a restart. (Bug #86675, Bug #26263397) References: See also: Bug #26288247, Bug #26279522.
On Behalf of Oracle/MySQL Release Engineering Prashant Tekriwal
This site manages and broadcasts several email lists pertaining to Lasso Programming and technologies related and used by Lasso developers. Sign up today!