Prashant Tekriwal MySQL Community Server 5.5.50 has been released
Jun 02, 2016; 23:24
MySQL Community Server 5.5.50 has been released
Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Server 5.5.50 is a new version of the 5.5 production release of the world's most popular open source database. MySQL 5.5.50 is recommended for use on production systems.
MySQL 5.5 includes several high-impact enhancements to improve the performance and scalability of the MySQL Database, taking advantage of the latest multi-CPU and multi-core hardware and operating systems. In addition, with release 5.5, InnoDB is now the default storage engine for the MySQL Database, delivering ACID transactions, referential integrity and crash recovery by default.
MySQL 5.5 also provides a number of additional enhancements including:
- Significantly improved performance on Windows, with various Windows specific features and improvements - Higher availability, with new semi-synchronous replication and Replication Heartbeat - Improved usability, with Improved index and table partitioning, SIGNAL/RESIGNAL support and enhanced diagnostics, including a new Performance Schema monitoring capability.
For a more complete look at what's new in MySQL 5.5, please see the following resources:
If you are running a MySQL production level system, we would like to direct your attention to MySQL Enterprise Edition, which includes the most comprehensive set of MySQL production, backup, monitoring, modeling, development, and administration tools so businesses can achieve the highest levels of MySQL performance, security and uptime.
For information on installing MySQL 5.5.50 on new servers, please see the MySQL installation documentation at
* The version of the tcmalloc library included in MySQL distributions was very old. It has been removed and is no longer included with MySQL. (Bug #80994, Bug #23068660)
* INSERT with ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE and REPLACE on a table with a foreign key constraint defined failed with an incorrect "duplicate entry" error rather than a foreign key constraint violation error. (Bug #23135731) References: This issue is a regression of: Bug #78853, Bug #22037930.
* Setting sort_buffer_size to a very large value could cause some operations to fail with an out-of-memory error. (Bug #22594514)
* Several potential buffer overflow issues were corrected. (Bug #21977380, Bug #23187436, Bug #23202778, Bug #23195370, Bug #23202699)
* If the CA certificate as given to the --ssl-ca option had an invalid path, yaSSL returned an error message different from OpenSSL. Now both return SSL connection error: SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths failed. (Bug #21920657)
* Some string functions returned one or a combination of their parameters as their result. If one of the parameters had a non-ASCII character set, the result string had the same character set, resulting in incorrect behavior when an ASCII string was expected. (Bug #18740222)
* A null pointer dereference of a parser structure could occur during stored procedure name validation. (Bug #79396, Bug #22286421)
* mysqld_multi displayed misleading error messages when it was unable to execute my_print_defaults. (Bug #74636, Bug #19920049)
This site manages and broadcasts several email lists pertaining to Lasso Programming and technologies related and used by Lasso developers. Sign up today!