Starting with 5.6.11, Microsoft Windows packages for MySQL 5.6 are available both as a "full" installer and as a "web" installer. The full installer is significantly larger and comes bundled with the latest software releases available. This bundle makes it easy to download and configure a full server and development suite.
The web installer doesn't come bundled with any actual products and instead relies on download-on-demand to fetch only the products you choose to install. This makes the initial download much smaller but increases install time as the individual products will need to be downloaded.
For information on installing MySQL 5.6.32 on new servers or upgrading to MySQL 5.6.32 from previous MySQL releases, please see
=============================================================================Changes in MySQL 5.6.32 (2016-07-29)
* InnoDB: Full-text search auxiliary tables could be dropped by one session while being access by another. (Bug #23742339)
* InnoDB: Selecting full-text index information schema tables for a deleted table caused a segmentation fault. (Bug #23479595)
* InnoDB: Rollback of a full-text index synchronization operation raised an assertion. The rollback operation attempted to acquire a mutex still held by the background synchronization thread. (Bug #23320569)
* InnoDB: Setting innodb_monitor_enable to all did not enable all counters. (Bug #22576241, Bug #80083)
* Replication: When using row-based replication and InnoDB, replication slaves reverted to using an older locking scheme when a transaction had already acquired an AUTOINC lock related to a LOAD FILE or INSERT ... SELECT type of statement, reducing replication slave performance. The fix ensures that sql_command is set correctly for any of the DML events such as WRITE_ROWS_EVENT, UPDATE_EVENT, and DELETE_EVENT. (Bug #79324, Bug #22247668)
* Replication: When using statement-based or mixed binary logging format with --read-only=ON, it was not possible to modify temporary tables. (Bug #62008, Bug #12818255) References: See also: Bug #14294223, Bug #16561483.
* MySQL Server upgrades performed using RPM packages failed when upgrading from MySQL 5.5 Community to MySQL 5.6 Community or MySQL 5.5 Commercial to MySQL 5.6 Commercial. (Bug #23736787)
* The code for reading character set information from Performance Schema statement events tables (for example, events_statements_current) did not prevent simultaneous writing to that information. As a result, the SQL query text character set could be invalid, which could result in a server exit. Now an invalid character set causes SQL_TEXT column truncation. (Bug #23540008)
* A buffer overflow in the regex library was fixed. (Bug #23498283)
* Certain arguments to NAME_CONST() could cause a server exit. (Bug #23279858)
* For unit-testing with the MySQL test suite, the make unit-test command is no longer available. The ctest program should be used instead. See Unit Tests Added to Main Test Runs (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysqltest/2.0/en/unit-tests-fro <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysqltest/2.0/en/unit-tests-from-mtr.html> m-mtr.html <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysqltest/2.0/en/unit-tests-from-mtr.html>). (Bug #23273434)
* ST_Distance() could raise an assertion for NULL return values. (Bug #22760390)
* With the query cache enabled, executing a prepared statement with CURSOR_TYPE_READ_ONLY and then again with CURSOR_TYPE_NO_CURSOR caused the server to return an error. (Bug #22559575, Bug #80026)
* mysql_real_connect() was not thread-safe when invoked with the MYSQL_READ_DEFAULT_FILE or MYSQL_READ_DEFAULT_GROUP option enabled. (Bug #22322504, Bug #79510)
* Installing MySQL from a yum or zypper repository resulted in /var/log/mysqld.log being created with incorrect user and group permissions. (Bug #21879694, Bug #78512)
* If a stored function updated a view for which the view table had a trigger defined that updated another table, it could fail and report an error that an existing table did not exist. (Bug #21142859, Bug #76808)
* If an INSTALL PLUGIN statement contained invalid UTF-8 characters in the shared library name, it caused the server to hang (or to raise an assertion in debug builds). (Bug #14653594, Bug #23080148)
* For multibyte character sets, LOAD DATA could fail to allocate space correctly and ignore input rows as a result. (Bug #76237, Bug #20683959, Bug #23080148) References: This issue is a regression of: Bug #14653594.
On Behalf of MySQL RE Team Prashant Tekriwal
This site manages and broadcasts several email lists pertaining to Lasso Programming and technologies related and used by Lasso developers. Sign up today!