Hery Ramilison MySQL Connector/J 6.0.2 m1 Development Release has been released
Apr 11, 2016; 13:39
MySQL Connector/J 6.0.2 m1 Development Release has been released
Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/J 6.0.2 m1 Development Release is a developer milestone release for the 6.0.x series.
It is the first public release of the current Connector/J 6.0 development branch, providing an insight to upcoming features. Although some of these are still under development, this release includes the following new features and changes (in comparison to the current Connector/J 5.1 production release), also available in more detail on http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/connector-j/en/news-6-0-2.html:
As always, we recommend that you check the "CHANGES" file in the download archive to be aware of changes in behavior that might affect your application.
Changes in MySQL Connector/J 6.0.2 (2016-04-11, Milestone 1)
Version 6.0.2 Milestone 1 is the first development release of the 6.0 branch of MySQL Connector/J.
The major features of Connector/J 6.0 include:
* Supports MySQL 5.5, 5.6, and 5.7.
* Supports the JDBC 4.2 specification.
* Supports the Java 8 platform (use Connector/J 5.1 for Java 7 or earlier).
* Supports the new X DevAPI. The X DevAPI enables application developers to write code that combines the strengths of the relational and document models using a modern, NoSQL-like syntax that does not assume previous experience writing traditional SQL. To learn more about how to write applications using the X DevAPI see the X DevAPI User's Guide (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/x-devapi-userguide/en/). For more information about how the X DevAPI is implemented in Connector/J, MySQL Connector/J X DevAPI Reference (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/dev/connector-j). Please note that the X DevAPI requires at least MySQL Server version 5.7.12 or higher with the X Plugin enabled. For general documentation about how to get started using MySQL as a Document Store, see (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/document-store.html).
For other significant changes from Connector/J 5.1 to 6.0, see Changes in Connection Properties (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-j/6.0/en/connector-j-properties-changed.html)
and Changes in the Connector/J API (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-j/6.0/en/connector-j-api-changes.html). Connector/J 6.0.2 includes all the bug fixes that have been incorporated into Connector/J 5.1.38, plus the fixes described below.
* FabricMySQLDataSource.getConnection() threw a null pointer exception when a master failover took place. (Bug #22598938)
* The OSGi manifest file in the Connector/J JAR file did not expose the MySQL Fabric packages, so the Fabric-related classes could not be resolved even though they were present in the JAR file. (Bug #22385172)