Hery Ramilison MySQL Connector/NET 6.10.8 has been released
Aug 14, 2018; 23:30
MySQL Connector/NET 6.10.8 has been released
Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/NET 6.10.8 is the fifth GA release with .NET Core now supporting various connection-string options and MySQL 8.0 server features.
To download MySQL Connector/NET 6.10.8 GA, see the "Generally Available (GA) Releases" tab at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/
Changes in Connector/NET 6.10.8 (2018-08-14, General Availability)
Functionality Added or Changed
* Optimistic locking for database-generated fields was improved with the inclusion of the [ConcurrencyCheck, DatabaseGenerated(DatabaseGeneratedOption.Computed)] attribute. Thanks to Tony Ohagan for the patch. (Bug #28095165, Bug #91064)
* All recent additions to .NET Core 2.0 now are compatible with the Connector/NET 6.10 implementation.
* With the inclusion of the Functions.Like extended method, scalar-function mapping, and table-splitting capabilities, Entity Framework Core 2.0 is fully supported.
* EF Core: An invalid syntax error was generated when a new property (defined as numeric, has a default value, and is not a primary key) was added to an entity that already contained a primary-key column with the AUTO_INCREMENT attribute. This fix validates that the entity property (column) is a primary key first before adding the attribute. (Bug #28293927)
* EF Core: The implementation of some methods required to scaffold an existing database were incomplete. (Bug #27898343, Bug #90368)
* The Entity Framework Core implementation did not render accented characters correctly on bases with different UTF-8 encoding. Thanks to Kleber kleberksms for the patch. (Bug #27818822, Bug #90316)
* The Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore assembly (with EF Core 2.0) was not loaded and the absence generated an error when the application project was built with any version of .NET Framework. This fix ensures the following support:
+ EF Core 1.1 with .NET Framework 4.5.2 only
+ EF Core 2.0 with .NET Framework 4.6.1 or later (Bug #27815706, Bug #90306)
* Attempts to create a new foreign key from within an application resulted in an exception when the key was generated by a server in the MySQL 8.0 release series. (Bug #27715069)
* A variable of type POINT when used properly within an application targeting MySQL 8.0 generated an SQL syntax error. (Bug #27715007)
* The case-sensitive lookup of field ordinals was initialized using case-insensitive comparison logic. This fix removes the original case-sensitive lookup. (Bug #27285641, Bug #88950)
* The TreatTinyAsBoolean connection option was ignored when the MySqlCommand.Prepare() method was called. (Bug #27113566, Bug #88472)
* The MySql.Data.Types.MySqlGeometry constructor called with an array of bytes representing an empty geometry collection generated an ArgumentOutOfRangeException exception, rather than creating the type as expected. Thanks to Peet Whittaker for the patch. (Bug #26421346, Bug #86974)
* Slow connections made to MySQL were improved by reducing the frequency and scope of operating system details required by the server to establish and maintain a connection. (Bug #22580399, Bug #80030)
* All columns of type TINYINT(1) stopped returning the expected Boolean value after the connector encountered a NULL value in any column of this type. Thanks to David Warner for the patch. (Bug #22101727, Bug #78917)