Gipson Pulla MySQL Connector/Python 2.1.7 GA has been released
Aug 18, 2017; 03:19
MySQL Connector/Python 2.1.7 GA has been released
Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/Python 2.1.7 GA is a fifth GA version of 2.1 release series of the pure Python database driver for MySQL. It can be used for production environments.
MySQL Connector/Python version 2.1.7 GA is compatible with MySQL Server versions 5.5 and greater. Python 2.6 and greater as well as Python 3.4 and greater are supported. Python 2.4, 2.5, and 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 are not supported.
MySQL Connector/Python 2.1.7 is available for download from:
Changes in MySQL Connector/Python 2.1.7 (2017-08-18, General Availability)
* Functionality Added or Changed
* Bugs Fixed
Functionality Added or Changed
* Connector/Python is now compatible with Django 1.11. Thanks to Brian Tyndall for the patch for some of the work. (Bug #25965922, Bug #86105, Bug #26257499, Bug #86652)
* Connector/Python now attempts to connect using TLS by default if the server supports secure connections. (Bug #21947091)
* Prepared statements did not work with a MySQL 8.0 server. (Bug #26376334)
* With a connection character set of utf8mb4, multiple-row insert operations failed with an error of LookupError: unknown encoding: utf8mb4. (Bug #24659561, Bug #82948)
* Creating a Connection instance with use_pure=True could lead to the underlying socket not being closed if the user name or password were invalid. Thanks to Vilnis Termanis for the patch. (Bug #24342757, Bug #82324)
* For cursors created with named_tuple=True, MySQLCursorNamedTuple objects could leak memory. Thanks to Piotr Jurkiewicz for the patch on which this fix was based. (Bug #22880163, Bug #80621)
* The C Extension leaked memory if used to execute INSERT statements that inserted Unicode strings. (Bug #22825962, Bug #79887)
* The escape_string() method leaked memory. (Bug #22810810, Bug #79903)
* With Python 2.x, for a call to encode('utf8') on a bytestring that was serialized from unicode, Python attempted to decode the string using the 'ascii' codec and encode it back using 'utf8'. The result was encoding failure for bytestrings that contain non-ASCII characters. (Bug #22564149, Bug #79993)
Documentation -------------------- Online:http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html The source distribution includes the manual in various formats under the docs/ folder.
Reporting Bugs -------------------- We welcome and appreciate your feedback and bug reports: http://bugs.mysql.com/
On Behalf of the MySQL/ORACLE RE Team, Gipson Pulla
-- MySQL General Mailing List For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
This site manages and broadcasts several email lists pertaining to Lasso Programming and technologies related and used by Lasso developers. Sign up today!