Prashant Tekriwal MySQL Connector/Python 8.0.5 DMR has been released
Sep 28, 2017; 15:36
MySQL Connector/Python 8.0.5 DMR has been released
Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/Python 8.0.5 dmr is the sixth development release of the MySQL Connector Python 8.0 series. This series adds support for the new X DevAPI. The X DevAPI enables application developers to write code that combines the strengths of the relational and document models using a modern, NoSQL-like syntax that does not assume previous experience writing traditional SQL.
To learn more about how to write applications using the X DevAPI, see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/x-devapi-userguide/en/. For more information about how the X DevAPI is implemented in MySQL Connector/Python, and its usage, see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/dev/connector-python.
Please note that the X DevAPI requires MySQL Server version 5.7.12 or higher with the X Plugin enabled. For general documentation about how to get started using MySQL as a document store, see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/document-store.html.
To download MySQL Connector/Python 8.0.5 dmr, see the "Development Releases" tab at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/python/
Changes in MySQL Connector/Python 8.0.5 (2017-09-28, Development Milestone)
* Packaging Notes
* Functionality Added or Changed
* MySQL Connector/Python packages are now available in two formats: Pure Python packages that contain only Python files, and packages that contain the Python files plus the C Extension and C Protobuf extension. Exception platforms are Solaris, macOS, and Windows, for which packages containing the Python files and C extensions are available but not pure Python packages. (Bug #26648417)
Functionality Added or Changed
* MySQL Connector/Python now supports connections to MySQL accounts that use the caching_sha2_password authentication plugin (see SHA-2 Pluggable Authentication (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/caching-sha2-plug gable-authentication.html)). This requires MySQL server version 8.0.3 or higher. It also requires use of a secure connection because Connector/Python does not support RSA encryption for password exchange.
* MySQL Connector/Python now supports an auth connection option to specify the authentication methanism. Permitted values are plain, mysql41, and external. The option name and value are not case sensitive. If the authentication mechanism is not specified, it defaults to plain for secure (TLS) or Unix socket connections, or mysql41 for insecure connections.
* MySQL Connector/Python now supports a pure Python implementation of Protobuf. Consequently, the Protobuf C extension has become optional. Connector/Python will use the Python implementation if the C extension is not available. The Protobuf Python package is required if it is desired not to use the C extension. The version requirements are Protobuf C++ 2.6.0 or higher, Protobuf Python 3.0.0 or higher.
* A mysqlx.sessions variable is now exposed to scripts that can be used for session-related tasks such as saving or loading session configuration information.
* These methods have been added for Collection: add_or_replace_one(), get_one(), replace_one(), and remove_one().
* These methods have been added for FindStatement and SelectStatement, to enable shared and exclusive locks to be acquired: lock_shared() and lock_exclusive().
* There is support for new forms of comparisons that use the IN operator: item IN list item IN document path dict IN dict
The left-hand-side value must be castable to the JSON type.
Online:http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector-python/en/index.html The source distribution includes the manual in various formats under the docs/ folder.
Reporting Bugs --------------
We welcome and appreciate your feedback and bug reports: http://bugs.mysql.com/
On Behalf of the MySQL/Oracle Release Engineering Team, Prashant Tekriwal
-- MySQL General Mailing List For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
This site manages and broadcasts several email lists pertaining to Lasso Programming and technologies related and used by Lasso developers. Sign up today!