Hery Ramilison MySQL Utilities 1.5.3 has been released
Nov 04, 2014; 15:27
MySQL Utilities 1.5.3 has been released
Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Utilities version 1.5.3 is a GA release for Utilities 1.5. MySQL Utilities version 1.5.3 is compatible with MySQL Server versions 5.5 and greater. Python v2.6 and v2.7 are supported.
In addition to server utilities, MySQL Utilities also contains MySQL Fabric: a framework for managing a collection of MySQL servers. MySQL Fabric is deployed as a separate service daemon that contains support for high-availability and sharding. MySQL Utilities and Fabric require Connector/Python 2.0.0 or higher.
The management framework maintains a database of the routing and state information for the servers making up the system and provides an easy-to-use command line interface for adding, removing and organizing servers.
High-availability is provided by continuously monitoring the servers and executing slave promotion when the master crashes and just as importantly automatically updates the state and routing information that gets messages to the right server.
MySQL Fabric comes with built-in support for sharding either using ranges or consistent hashing and supports the sharding of multiple tables to ensure that rows with matching sharding keys are stored in the same shard. MySQL Fabric also contains support for global tables that are duplicated on all shards as well as the ability to synchronize schema updates across all of the servers.
To provide high performance and avoid latency, transactions are directly routed by Fabric-aware connectors rather than routing via an external proxy. The connectors dispatch transactions to the correct shard, perform load-balancing, and handle read-write splitting. Currently there exists Fabric-aware versions of Connector/Python, Connector/Java, and Connector/PHP (through a Fabric-aware mysqlnd_ms plugin).
MySQL Utilities v1.5.3 GA is available for download from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/tools/utilities/
A brief summary of changes is listed below. Please check the CHANGES.txt file inside the distribution for a more complete list of changes.
Changes in MySQL Utilities 1.5.3 (2014-11-04)
* The MySQL Fabric installer failed to properly check for the required Connector/Python version. (Bug #19807933, Bug #74339)
* Setting up a MySQL Fabric backing store would fail when the target MySQL instance used a unicode character set as the default. (Bug #19785686, Bug #74192)
* The MySQLServer object created connections with "use_unicode=False", and as a consequence some statements returned fields in the bytearray format, as opposed to the expected strings or unicode fields. This unexpected field data type would sometimes cause problems with several modules, such as replication and high availability. (Bug #19774543, Bug #74255)
* MySQL Fabric was improved to support AWS and Trove. Changes include no longer assuming that hosts have UUIDs, and plugin support was also added. (Bug #19589254)
* The mysqldbcompare utility options related to comparing all databases on two servers were accidentally removed (e.g., --all, --exclude, and --regexp in a previous release, and they have since been restored. Additionally, the error handling and validation routines were improved. (Bug #19430737, Bug #73551)