Lars Tangvald MySQL Workbench 6.3.5 GA has been released
Oct 22, 2015; 12:33
MySQL Workbench 6.3.5 GA has been released
Dear MySQL users,
The MySQL developer tools team announces 6.3.5 as our GA release for MySQL Workbench 6.3.
For the full list of changes in this revision, visit http://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/workbench/en/changes-6-3.html
For discussion, join the MySQL Workbench Forums: http://forums.mysql.com/index.php?152
Download MySQL Workbench 6.3.5 GA now, for Windows, Mac OS X 10.7+, Oracle Linux 6 and 7, Fedora 21 and Fedora 22, Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 15.04 or sources, from:
Changes in MySQL Workbench 6.3.5 (2015-10-21)
* The new JSON editor is in an early state, and has a number of usability issues.
* The table editor in a MySQL Workbench model does not allow the JSON data type. The table editor in the SQL Editor is not affected.
* Model synchronization fails to function for tables with JSON columns.
* The MySQL migration wizard will not function with MySQL Server 5.7 as the source database. However, MySQL Server 5.7 can be the target database.
* The bundled mysqldump tool fails to create dumps for MySQL Server 5.6 and earlier. To work around this limitation, set an explicit mysqldump binary in the Workbench preferences under Administration -> Data Export and Import -> Path to mysqldump Tool. Use one from MySQL Server 5.6.
Functionality Added or Changed
* A JSON viewer/editor was added in the field editor for result sets.
* Executing Create EER Model from Database with Place imported objects on a diagram enabled would not always create the diagram. (Bug #22046248)
* On OS X 10.11, a newly opened EER diagram was not always viewable. A workaround was to either scroll or resize the EER diagram window. (Bug #22016760, Bug #78829)
* MySQL Workbench commercial edition now checks MySQL Enterprise Backup compatibility with MySQL 5.7 when using the Online Backup and Restore features. MySQL Enterprise Backup 4.0 and above is required with MySQL 5.7 and above. (Bug #21972677)
* On Windows, connecting via RDP to Workbench with a model would cause MySQL Workbench to crash. (Bug #21951171)
* On Windows with the firewall enabled, either editing a current user or creating a new user from the Users and Privileges tab would crash after clicking Apply. (Bug #21866290)
* Under Server Status, the reported Disk Space in Data Dir was limited to "1.00 TB", even if more space was available. (Bug #21833382)
* The SQL parser and grammar was updated; some queries would emit bogus errors, although they would execute with success. For example, queries with syntax such as "ALTER TABLE foo MODIFY COLUMN bar VARCHAR(10)" and "ALTER TABLE foo MODIFY bar INT NOT NULL". (Bug #21776051, Bug #20116935, Bug #77549, Bug #75048)
* On Windows, creating blocked statements (such as BEGIN...END) with auto-complete activated would cause MySQL Workbench to emit an unhandled exception (Bug #21774642, Bug #77488)
* On Linux, dragging a routine to a Routine Group did not function. (Bug #21770594, Bug #78299)
* Opening Open Value in Viewer to view the contents of BLOB and string types would sometimes crash MySQL Workbench. (Bug #21746985, Bug #75516)
* An SSH timeout option was added, under the Others preferences panel. (Bug #21690190)
* After opening a model file, after choosing Preferences, Others, checking (enabling) Allow more than one instance of MySQL Workbench to run, clicking OK would crash MySQL Workbench. (Bug #21666322)
* On Windows 10, MySQL Workbench failed with an error similar to "The type initializer for 'HtmlRenderer.Utils.FontsUtils' threw an exception". The HtmlRenderer.dll DLL was updated with a fix. (Bug #21642135, Bug #75344)
* Clicking Cancel when using the Table Import wizard would emit an error, although the import process continued. (Bug #21610117, Bug #78013)
* On OS X, the Rescan for local MySQL instances operation was not discovering local MySQL server connections. (Bug #21605220, Bug #77989)
* On Windows, and when connecting to MySQL Server 5.7.8 or higher, the Server Logs did not properly display the MySQL error logs, and it instead referred to a file named "stderr" that could not be found. This is because the error log is now written to the Windows Event Log. (Bug #21566823, Bug #77958)
* Executing Control + W to close all tabs, and then executing it again (with all tabs already closed), would emit a Null Pointer Exception. (Bug #21543454, Bug #77906)
* When creating new user privileges with access to All Schemas (via the % wildcard), the resulting user record in mysql.db was created with an asterisk (*) in mysql.db.Host and mysql.db.Db instead of using %, resulting in inability to connect to the database. As a workaround, you could have executed queries such as "UPDATE mysql.db SET Host='%', Db='%' WHERE User 'MyNewUserName'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES;". (Bug #21529564, Bug #77865)
* Several grammar and spelling fixes were made in the GUI. (Bug #21526053)
* With MySQL not running, the MySQL Enterprise Backup Restore option would emit an unhandled exception, and it was unable to execute restore operations. (Bug #21496671, Bug #21619525)
* Expanding the schema tree for a database that contained a large number of tables, such as 20,000 tables, would cause a crash. (Bug #21490728, Bug #77801)
* The Table Data Import wizard failed to import data into an existing table when a DECIMAL column was used. (Bug #21461807, Bug #77739)
* Importing a DBDesigner4 schema would sometimes fail, and cause a crash. (Bug #21429693, Bug #77688)
* After opening a model's EER diagram for the first time, opening the Preferences menu would immediately cause MySQL Workbench to crash, due to some parts being uninitialized. (Bug #21395988, Bug #77662)
* When copying elements from one diagram to another, the style attributes were not copied, although the position of the elements were retained. (Bug #21384159, Bug #77640)
* The Performance and Firewall options were missing from the Server menu in the commercial edition. (Bug #21379250)
* The Unlock the Audit log procedure in the Audit Inspector would sometimes fail due to malformed XML. (Bug #21379224)
* Sometimes Startup / Shutdown management would ignore the system's profile and use default commands to start and stop the MySQL server. (Bug #21357438)
* On Linux, with the commercial edition, MySQL Workbench did not delete the cron job after the scheduled online backup was deleted. (Bug #21312652)
* On Ubuntu 15.04, MySQL Workbench threw a lot of GLib-GObject warnings. (Bug #21292286, Bug #77420)
* Forward Engineering would sometimes append "COMMENT ''" to field and index definitions. (Bug #21278452, Bug #21429688, Bug #21390162, Bug #77400, Bug #77685, Bug #77644)
* Making an SSH connection to a server where the fingerprint was not in the known_hosts file, clicking Test Connection under Remote Management would freeze MySQL Workbench. (Bug #21264620) References: This bug was introduced by Bug #21122128.
* The Data Export wizard failed to include date information when the JSON export type was used instead of CSV. (Bug #21259942, Bug #77364)
* With the commercial edition, setting up a new Online Backup profile would display an "Error Configuring Backup" error after entering in details, such as the MySQL Enterprise Backup executable path and backup home directory, and then clicking Ok. The settings would not save due to UTF-8 conversion failures in the mysqlwbmeb.py helper file. (Bug #21255978)
* When importing JSON, the Table Data Import wizard would fail at the Configure Import Settings step, and emit "Can't analyze file, please try to change encoding type...". (Bug #21252834, Bug #77335)
* After exporting a database with no-create-info checked, the import operation would fail to import it. (Bug #21250323, Bug #71393)
* In the Table Data Import wizard, the Field Separator dropdown in the Configure Import Settings operation did not list the "," (comma) character. (Bug #21240249)
* From the Table Data Import wizard, switching the line endings from the Configure Import Settings screen, and then switching it back, would cause the table columns to be displayed on a single line. (Bug #21240215)
* Improved integer and number recognition for data import/export with CSV files. (Bug #21240092)
* In the commercial edition, the Audit Log Inspector logo was broken. (Bug #21236152, Bug #77302)
* With the commercial edition, clicking Firewall after stopping the MySQL Server would emit the following unhandled exception: "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'". (Bug #21236051, Bug #77304)
* The validate_password plugin options are no longer visible in the Options File editor when the plugin is not enabled. (Bug #21187942)
* With MySQL server not running, and with a MySQL Enterprise Backup configuration file missing, attempting to open either the Online Backup or Restore tabs would throw an unhandled exception. (Bug #21161660)
* On Fedora, executing Help, Locate Log File / Show Log File would fail to function, due to an underlining problem with glib 2.44. For additional information, see Fedora bug #1175719. (Bug #21113811)
* In the Audit Inspector, executing Select or Deselect from the Show Columns context-menu would fail to function. (Bug #20956668)
* Several buttons and text boxes were not always located in the correct location. (Bug #20929972)
* On OS X, the Shift + Alt + Arrow combination would select individual characters instead of whole words. (Bug #20797766, Bug #76526) References: This bug is a regression of Bug #50085.
* When executing Start Command Line Client, entering the incorrect MySQL password would immediately close the Window. Now, an error is displayed before the window is closed. (Bug #20737515)
* The VARBINARY type could not be edited in the results view grid. Clicking Apply to execute the change would emit an error. (Bug #20735501, Bug #76386)
* On Windows, SSH connections would fail when connecting to a server with pageant running. (Bug #20652700, Bug #76168)
* The MySQL server connection would sometimes timeout (error 10060) while processing the result set when combined with a large number or rows (e.g., 10,000) and an SSH tunneled MySQL connection. (Bug #20639995, Bug #74557)
* The Action Output query tooltip would sometimes display information about the wrong query. (Bug #20535654, Bug #75877)
* On Windows, a scheduled incremental MySQL Enterprise Backup backup job would always choose the latest backup as the base for the backup instead of using the last successful backup. This meant that after a failed backup, future incremental backups would fail until the next successful full backup. (Bug #20533780)
* The Catalog Tree would truncate table names at around 20 characters. (Bug #20122059, Bug #74995)
* The Table Inspector could fail if the schema name contained a dash. (Bug #20007660, Bug #74788)
* The bundled SSH library (paramiko) was not capable of supporting the key exchange algorithm (ecdsa) added in OpenSSL 6.7. (Bug #20003201, Bug #74658)
* When a connection to a MySQL server instance through a SSH Tunnel, MySQL Workbench failed to recognize the server fingerprints stored in the .ssh/known_hosts file, and claimed that the server authenticity could not be established. Clicking Continue also caused the current fingerprint to be removed, after which MySQL Workbench froze. Also, due to a bug in the underlining paramiko library, if a server supported ECDSA and RSA, paramiko would first try to use RSA and, as such, not use ECDSA. For information about this bug, see https://github.com/paramiko/paramiko/issues/243. (Bug #19714350, Bug #74160)
* The import and export process did not always function with network folders. (Bug #19443451, Bug #73575)
On behalf of Oracle MySQL Release Team, Lars Tangvald
-- MySQL General Mailing List For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
This site manages and broadcasts several email lists pertaining to Lasso Programming and technologies related and used by Lasso developers. Sign up today!